Got no ideas on what to make? Why not try oat bars? They’re relatively easy to make and are a lot healthier than prepackaged ones in the store. If you’re interested in creating a fresh batch at home, the ingredients and steps below will teach you how to make maple sugar oat bars that can potentially be your next favorite. It is one of the most straightforward recipes that you can do at home.
- 1 cup of Bob’s Red Mill rolled oats
- 1 cup of almond flour
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- ½ cup of maple almond butter from Argania butter
- 2 tbsps. of Parker’s real maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- One mashed banana
- One egg
- ¼ cup of water
- Cinnamon powder
- In a large bowl, pour 1 cup of almond flour and a dash of cinnamon powder through a sieve. This is to ensure that your flour is lighter and easier to mix with other ingredients, making your mixture even better.
- Afterward, add in 1 cup of Bob’s Red Mill rolled oats and ½ cup of coconut sugar. Get a spatula and mix them with the flour until they’re appropriately incorporated.
- Next, add in the wet ingredients. Start by cracking one egg into the mixture. Do this carefully to ensure that there are no eggshells that would fall into the bowl. Then, proceed to add the rest – mashed banana, ¼ cup of water, ½ cup of maple almond butter, 2 tbsps of maple syrup, and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Once you’ve added all of the wet ingredients, get a whisk and start mixing them well. Do this until the dry ingredients get fully incorporated.
- If you’re through mixing, you can now place the mixture into a 9x9 pan. Equally, distribute the dough in the pan with just enough thickness. Make sure you do this so that it cooks evenly.
- Prepare the oven at 350 and bake the mixture for 15 minutes.
- Once done, take it out of the oven and let it cool. If you can already hold it, take it out of the pan and cut them into bite-sized squares.