Preparing breakfast can be daunting, especially for those who are not morning persons, which is why toast has become the go-to breakfast option for many homes. This is because it is fast and easy to make and downright delicious. However, it can taste repetitive and boring sometimes, but do not worry; we have the best recipe for you. This Almond Butter Grapefruit toast recipe is unlike other toast. Do not be in a shock as this recipe uses grapefruit, a not so usual toast topping. With a few simple ingredients that are commonly found in your refrigerators, you will have a fast and tasty gourmet toast. Here's what you need to know on how to make an almond butter grapefruit toast that you can enjoy.
One loaf of Cinnamon raisin bread
Two pieces of grapefruit
Two pieces of Banana
One cup of Strawberry
One bottle of Argania brand maple almond butter
Suncore Hemp seeds
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Serve: 4-5 portions
- Prepare all your ingredients. Gather them all in arms reach for an easy toast making process.
- Slice the two pieces of grapefruit into slices. Not too thinly though as they might shrink when broiled.
- Over low heat, broil the grapefruit until it turns mildly brown. This usually takes around 20- 30 seconds. Avoid too much charring as it can have a bitter burnt taste.
- Flip the grapefruit and do the same on the other side.
- Cut two pieces of banana into thin slices.
- Cut five pieces of strawberry lengthwise into thin slices.
- Toast a loaf of cinnamon bread in a bread toaster until golden brown.
- Lay the toasted bread in a cutting board.
- With a spreading knife, take a generous amount of Argania brand maple almond butter.
- Spread the maple almond butter into the toasted bread evenly.
- Place the sliced banana on top of the toast with maple almond butter.
- Place the sliced strawberries on top of the banana
- Place the grapefruit on top of the strawberries.
- Sprinkle abundantly with Pepitas
- Top off with a couple of Suncore Hemp seeds.
- Serve on a breakfast plate. You can also cut the toast into half diagonally to avoid spillage
Easy right? Now you have a perfect recipe to alternate with your everyday toast to avoid feeling bored with the taste. This recipe is also best paired with any of your favorite breakfast beverage. In fact, you can do this recipe any time of the day. Truly delectable!